Thursday, April 2, 2009

Harry Potter and the status of Quo

So lately my life has been more or less in a static state. Not stagnate, static. My wife and I applied for a home loan around mid Feb, and its been a tiptoe through the tulips kind of month. Nearly every spare second has been pondering my future in a very real way. Babies, Houses, Taxes, Death, etc... They have a way of sucking the spontaneity out of nearly every interaction. Incredible what an unfocused mind cant accomplish. For a little over a month everything has become more difficult to approach. Work has been tainted because I cant focus. Home has become temporary proposition at best, and living in flux at worst. Even choosing dinner becomes exercise in tactical assault. Then yesterday the other shoe dropped. We are in for a penny in for thirty million pennies. Shopping for a home now begins in earnest and a real consequence that will last for up to 30 years...